My mom used to make these all the time and it was my favorite dish to eat! She used to add in ground beef which can easily be taken out or replaced with mushrooms or anything you like!
*If you find a better binder instead of egg feel free to use it to make it a vegan dish!
For the crepe:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 water
For the filling:
- 1-2 potatoes
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1-2 cups anything you would like: mushrooms/carrots/dairy free cheese etc.
For the coating:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- bread crumbs
- vegetable/canola oil
- start by boiling your potatoes
- while the potatoes boil, start making the crepes: mix the flour, milk, water, salt & pepper in a mixing bowl
- bring a skillet to medium/medium-high heat and pour in a few large tbsps of the mixture into the pan (make sure you dont pour in alot since we want the crepe to be thin)
- cook the crepes for a minute (flipping half way through) then stack the crepes and place them aside
- By now, the potatoes should be done. Drain the water and grab a potato masher and start mashing them
- Add in the parsley, spices and any other ingredient you have chosen: mix them all together
- Now grab a crepe and place a good amount of filling in the center. Tuck in the sides then roll the crepe into a cylinder shape
- Once you have rolled all the crepes, dip them into the flour, egg replacer then bread crumbs
- Grab a large skillet and pour in your oil. Once the oil is hot enough, gently place the croquettes in.
- Fry them until they form a golden brown color
- Once you have finished frying them, serve and enjoy!!
*I haven’t tried baking these in the oven but you can try it out as a healthier option!