This is my favorite salad ever! My mother used to buy me tabouli from a Lebanese restaurant not far my house every week! We would get a huge container filled and space it out through the week. This is such a great dish that is very healthy and also vegan! There are also so many variations to this dish but I’m going to share my version of it.
- 2 bunches of parsley
- 1 large tomato
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 white or red onion
- 1/4 cup bulgar wheat or quinoa
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Start by rinsing your parsley really well and separating the leaves from the stems (make sure to really clean the parsley well to wash away the dirt)
- Chop up the parsley, tomato and onion into really small pieces then add it into a large mixing bowl (the smaller the better it tastes!)
- Cook up your quinoa or prepare your bulgar wheat then add it to the mixing bowl
- Add in the olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice then mix it all together really well.
- Serve & Enjoy!