Fall is here and that means its time to pull out those warm comfort food recipes! To kick things off I wanted to share a vegan butternut squash soup recipe. I recently saw a version of this in Panera but it all sorts of milk products within it that don’t necessarily have to be there! Let me know what you think if you try this out!
1 butternut squash
1 yellow onion
1-2 cup vegetable broth
1 whole garlic
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1 granny smith apple (optional for sweetness)
pinch of cayenne pepper
salt to taste
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 400 F /200 C.
- While the oven is pre-heating, dice up all your vegetables and the optional apple. (For the butternut squash, just cut it in half and scoop out the seeds)
- Drizzle some olive oil into a baking pan and place your chopped vegetables into it, then add in the salt and other seasonings.
- Roast your vegetables until they are just about done.
- Next, scoop out all the squash from the skin and place it into a pot along with your other vegetables, garlic and vegetable broth.
- Bring the pot to a boil then simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Once its done, grab an immersion blender to blend up all your ingredients into a soup form. If you don’t have an immersion blender, pour all your cooked ingredients into a blender and pulse until it forms a smooth texture.
- Serve & enjoy!