*This is my favorite vegan dish to eat! If you try it let me know what you think!
Ingredients: 2 servings
1 russet potato (peeled & diced)
1/2 red onion (diced)
1-2 cups of okra (if using big okras cut them into smaller bits)
1 tsp garlic paste or 2 cloves of garlic
1 dried lime
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable stock
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp lemon juice
- Boil the potatoes for 2-3 minutes or until they are half cooked.
- Grab a pan or pot, pour in the olive oil and fry the onion and garlic under medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the salt, pepper and turmeric into the mixture and stir it all together.
- Then add in the okras, half boiled potatoes, tomato paste, dried lime, lemon juice, water and vegetable stock.
- Cover the pan or pot with a lid and bring the stew to a boil.
- Once it starts to boil, lower the heat to low-medium and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Make sure to not lift the lid while its cooking!
- After 30 minutes, serve the stew on top of white rice, with bread or on its own.Enjoy! x