1 cup brown rice
1/2 cup carrots
1/2 cup peas
1/2 cup corn
1/2 an onion
2 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic clove or 1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- place 1 cup of brown rice to two cups of water on high heat. Cover and wait for the water to boil. Once it starts boiling, lower the temperature to low heat and let it simmer for 40-60 minutes (according to the package direction) – if you are using white rice, it will be ready in 15-20 minutes!
- Take a pan and pour two tbsp of olive oil on medium heat. Once the pan is hot, fry up the onions and garlic for a minute. Don’t forget the salt and pepper!
- Next, place the peas, corn and carrots into the pan and let it all cook together for about 2-3 minutes.
- Once the vegetables have softened, add in the cooked brown rice, then let it cook together for 4-5 minutes on low heat with a covered lid.
- Once it’s ready, serve with a side salad or anything you would like! Enjoy!