Jojoba oil is a liquid wax that is found in the seed of the jojoba plant. It is a great natural product that can be used for both your hair and skin. Here are some of the benefits:
1. Unlike most oils this product is actually non-comedogenic which means that it will not clog your pores and is a great moisturizer for both dry and oily skin. Yes oily skin! Jojoba oil mimics the natural sebum production that’s found in your skin which makes it great for controlling your oily skin.
2. It is great for acne-prone skin. If you are currently undergoing some kind of acne treatment whether it be Accutane or Pro-Activ this is great to relieve some of the dryness that you may be experiencing. I am currently using it in correlation with my Acne.org regimen.
3. It can be used as a makeup remover! If you have been using olive oil or coconut oil as your makeup remover, stop! Those oils are comedogenic and should not be used on your skin. Jojoba oil on the other hand is not and is great to take off excess makeup before going in with your regular cleanser.
5. If any of you are like me and are prone to dry and chapped lips, take a few drops of jojoba oil and place it on your lips. I have used so many chapsticks from high-end ones to natural ones and even vaseline however nothing has worked as well as jojoba oil!
6. For people with eczema or psoriasis this can be used to relieve some of the itchiness and dryness on your skin. However you may also benefit from eating a plant-based diet. Many people have experienced increased eczema when eating seafood and have seen an improvement from cutting it out of their diet. There are several YouTube videos of people sharing their experience and results with eating a plant-based diet that you may want to watch.
7. I have suffered from dandruff for most of my life and the only quick and easy fix I have found is using the Head & Shoulders shampoo. However if you have colored or dry hair the shampoo might make things worse. Jojoba oil can be used to moisturize your hair and scalp and mimic the natural sebum production.
8. If you are aging and worried about developing wrinkles, this can be used to slow down the process. Jojoba oil is packed with Vitamin E and antioxidants that will help in rejuvenating the skin.